Film Offices of the Hawaiian Islands
The Film Offices of the Hawaiian Islands are five film commissions with one mission – dedicated to providing outstanding service to local, national and international industry clientele, the film offices work both individually and collectively to develop, support and facilitate all manner of productions in the Hawaiian Islands.
Hawaii’s stunning locations, skilled crew base and competitive and broadly applied tax rebate program make the islands an inviting and production friendly location for commercials, new media, television and feature film production.
Qualified production may apply for the Hawaii Production Tax Credit which is 20–25% of total Hawaii in-state spend.
• Minimum spend $200,000 USD
• Applies to all labor (resident, non-resident and above and below the line)
• Includes talent with no cap on the talent’s salary
• No overall industry cap
• A per production cap of $15 million USD
• Qualified expenses from scout to post including music and VFX done in Hawaii
• Applicable to commercials, new media, features and television
• 20% rebate on total Hawaii spend in Honolulu and the island of Oahu
• 25% rebate on total Hawaii spend in the Counties of Kauai
Please visit the State of Hawaii Film Office website for detailed information at http://filmoffice.hawaii.gov/incentives-tax-credits/
The County film offices are the on-the-ground specialists for their respective regions. Please contact any one of them regarding locations and logistics for filming on the specific islands.
P.O. Box 2359
Honolulu, Hawaii 96804
250 South Hotel Street, Suite 510-A
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813
Big Island Film Office
Acting Film Commissioner
Kauai Film Commission
Island of Kauai
Maui Film Office
Islands of Maui,
Molokai and Lanai
Honolulu/Oahu Film Office
Island of Oahu
Walea Constantinau, afci/c.f.c.
Hawaii Film Office
State of Hawaii
For special Hawaiian Airlines Preferred Rates and a 5% discount on Transpacific web fares for AICP Members. Please click here for special rates on Hawaiian Airlines.